Sunday, January 22, 2012

Magnificat 2012

I've been lyric writing again....
This is a magnificat which I've written with the hymn tune Lucis Creator in mind but with a tiny bit of tweaking I'm sure it would fit other Long metre tunes. (eg when I survey, tallis canon etc)
If you're not sure how Lucis Creator goes here it is....

The usual rules apply by the way. Feel free to tweak, project, print, remix, recycle etc within a worship situation.

The Lord is great my soul proclaims
My heart delights in his saving name.
He looked upon my loneliness
And generations call me blest.

Our mighty God has done great things
And holy is the name we sing
His mercy lasts from age to age
Through family trees on history's page

His powerful arm has shown great might
In scattering the proud from sight
The mighty kings will lose their crowns
The lowly raised, the proud cast down.

The hungry have been banqueted
The rich and powerful are not fed
He sends the rich ones from his door
the hungry ones are given more

He has recalled his promises
To Abraham and his children's heirs
His promise of mercy shall endure
To help his people evermore.

All glory to the Father, Son
And Holy Spirit , the Three-inOone,
Who was and is and ever shall be
Beyond the end of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment